Careers with Lano Equipment
Looking to start a career at Lano Equipment? Check out our current openings.
SERVICE TECHNICIAN - ALL STORES - $2000 Signing Bonus
Job description for the Service Technician
Lano Equipment, Inc., a family owned business since 1946, is looking for full-time service technicians to work on diesel equipment, construction equipment and compact and subcompact tractors. We are looking for dedicated employees who have excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills and can deliver a high level of service as a mechanic for Lano Equipment and their customers.
Responsibilities for the Service Technician
- Diagnose and repair Bobcat, Kubota and Doosan equipment including skid steer loaders, excavators, tractors 18hp-135hp, UTV vehicles, compaction equipment and assorted attachments both skid steer and 3 point.
- Maintain good customer records, complete work orders and work with the parts department to assure parts needed for a job are complete and ordered in a timely fashion
- Convey job progress to his supervisor and customer as needed
Interact with customers in a constructive and supportive manner
Ability to work well as a team member and collaborate on open work orders
Qualifications for the Service Technician
- 2-year technical degree or on the job experience in a comparable field for 5+ years
- Systems knowledge of components related to work, i.e. hydraulics systems and schematics, electrical systems and schematics and fuel systems
- Own mechanics tool set
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain a clean and safe work space
- Minimum physical requirements
- Push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Lift/carry up to 100 lbs.
- Lift bulky items
Lano Benefits for Service Technician
- Health insurance
- 401(k) with matchLife and disability insurance
- Overtime pay
- Paid holidays & Personal Time off
- Family owned and operated business
- Ongoing technical training
INTERNET CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
This position works within the Lano sales and marketing department to support the sales process; qualifying incoming prospects and maintaining timely communication as transactions progress to a sale. This is a fast-paced position requiring attention to detail and excellent communication skill, both verbal and written. Candidate must be a team player, working closely with sales, marketing and inventory personnel on a daily basis. Experience in the heavy equipment and/or lawn & garden industry is preferred, but not essential. Experience with shipping and logistics is also essential.
This position will interact with, or contact customers as business requires and may also distribute sales inquiries to more experienced sales team member as directed by management. This position will also interact with marketing and office staff on a regular basis and is expected to work well and collaborate with all team members.
- Able to function comfortably in a CRM environment
- Answer incoming leads – email, chat/text or FB inquiries
- Initiate contact, create relationship and get contact info
- Ask qualifying questions and determine if unit is in stock
- Connect prospects with sales staff
- Follow-up once sale is complete (CRM)
- Build the and maintain customer relationship from start to finish, create positive customer experience
- Execute Qualifying questions, gather details – product timing, shipping needs, budget
- Payment details, financing needs
- Inventory status, determining if products in stock
· Determine shipping quotes
- Time management – prioritization of customer needs (buyers vs tire-kickers
Education & Experience
Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
· Must have strong Customer Service and Communication (both written and verbal) skills.
· Must be willing to be coached on improving sales skills
· Minimum of 2 years working in an internet sales capacity.
· Experience in the light industrial equipment industry being a plus.
· Ability to assist with formalized policies and procedures that are approved by the Ownership, Sales Manager and/or General Manager of the store.
· Strong Microsoft Office skills and comfort working with social media tools are a plus.
· A collaborative personality that can implement solutions and get buy-in from staff.
· Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality of company information.
· Ability to work and collaborate successfully with all levels of employees and internal cross-functional groups/teams, providing leadership and coaching as appropriate and necessary.
· Goal oriented.
· Able to work independently.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to maintain compliance with schedules and meet deadlines.
· Ability to support the management and implementation of programs, projects and process improvements and changes.
· Professional presence including integrity, creativity, commitment and the ability to make sound decisions.
· Ability to adapt quickly as department and business needs change.
Complete this form to get started.
Lano Employment Application
Lano Equipment – Anoka
6140 Highway 10 NW
Anoka, MN 55303
Phone: (763) 323-1720
Toll Free: (888) 448-5266
Lano Equipment – Loretto
23580 Highway 55
Loretto, MN 55357
Phone: (763) 479-8200
Toll Free: (888) 479-4342
Lano Equipment – Shakopee
3021 West 133rd Street
Shakopee, MN 55379
Phone: (952) 445-6310
Toll Free: (877) 753-6100